It's that time of year again, when the days get longer and kids run around carefree; it's summertime! Some ways that we think you might enjoy spending your summer in Jackson:
- June 2: Mississippi Boychoir Spring Concert- current and former choir members perform selections from Mozart, John Rutter, Andrew Lloyd Webber and more. Free! Fondren Presbyterian Church, more info.
MS Museum of Natural Science, See a snake exhibit and learn to identify them. Hepetologist Bryan Fredrick gives lectures at 10am and noon. Regular admission price applies. More info.
- June 14: Ringling Brothers and Barnum and Bailey: Barnum Bash- MS Coliseum, enjoy the circus like you've never seen it before. See animals up close, visit with performers, try on costumes and more. Tickets start at $14. More info.
- June 16: Annual Car Show- Jackson Zoo, enjoy an exhibit of vintage and customized cars. Admission is $9 for adults, $6 for children. More info.
- June 17: Father's Appreciation Day- Jackson Zoo, Fathers receive half off admission for Father's Day with paying for a child's admission. More info.
- June 23: Breakfast with the Beavers and Otters- What better way to start the day than by having a delicious breakfast in a climate controlled Mississippi Wilderness Aquatic Building and watching the antics of the zoo's favorite furry swimmers- the otters. Enjoy breakfast and fun family activities from 7-9 and then enjoy a day at the zoo-all for one low price. Admission applies. More info.
- June 28: Red, White and Jackson- Downtown Jackson, Join in the fifth annual Red, White, and Jackson. Free. For more information, call 601-946-7575.
- July 4: Watermelon Classic- MS Sports Hall of Fame, this annual race includes a 5K run/walk, a one-mile wellness run and a
Tot Trot for children ages 3 and under. Watermelon served after the
race. Proceeds benefit the Mississippi Sports Hall of Fame and Museum. More info.
- July 14: Ice Cream Safari- Jackson Zoo, Sample more than a dozen ice cream flavors scooped by local television,
radio and print media celebrities, and vote for your favorite flavor as
well as favorite celebrity scooper. Admission. More info.
Jackson has to offer. Remember, we have some great things to do right here in Jackson! Make sure to check out the MS Children's Museum, Natural Science Museum, Jackson Zoo, Old Capitol Museum, MS Museum of Art, Ag and Forestry Museum, MS Sports Hall of Fame, and so many others- you're sure to discover a new adventure!